Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Not so--Happy Anniversity

I know this will sound like a "Oh woe is Bud", but tough acorns. 42 years ago today, after 3 days and at least 20 bottles of I.V. fluids, I had gained some fluid weight back and figured whatever had made me sick was about gone.A nurse neighbor of ours stopped by and asked how I was and I told her when they were done sticking needles in me I would be fine. She sat on my bed and said" We need to talk." About 3 hours later, I knew more about Juvenile Diabetes than I ever cared to, and this lady didn't have a sense of humor so I knew I definitely had it. Give myself shots? Strict diet with no sweets! Was she nuts or what? Good Lord, I was a 13 year old popular, smart-aleck, runt! From that day on life would never be the same. My self-esteem was in the gutter, I was scared to death, I was starving, I was totally overwhelmed, I was afraid to even think of leaving the hospital and what was really freaking me out was, what would all my girlfriends think!! I'm still here with no cure in sight, but if you have any money to donate to a worthy cause, send it to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I know an absolutely adorable, beautiful, brillant and courageous little girl that could use all the support we can give her. I love you Reagan Grampa

4 comments:

barb said...

I'm sure Reagan appreciates the plug for support.

The Stump Clan said...

Howdy dad- time for a new post- I have already read this one a couple times. I need something to make me laugh!

katie said...

Hey, finally found your blog. I lost the email that had the address so I had to get it off Molly's blog. Reagan says thanks Grampa! Hope you are having a good day!

BUD's World (Halsey's) said...

The holidays were great as are anytime the family is around. As far as politics,Obama has some good ideas, but needs some people to really cut costs and eliminate unnecessary junk.Not just stopping raises for politicians, but having some people tailing one at a time to see how much each costs us. Benefits, allowance for office equipment, decor, food, vehicle including maintinance and gas, travel and a biggy--staff. one congressman has a staff of 14 people. If he keeps them busy, there has to be pork to cut.
We are heading to St. louis in 2 weeks to see the M.illers It will be a change for everyone, but I think alot of my son with a son. Oh yea, Nayeli and Karyna aren't very cute. I can't believe that Austy-McGosty is 51/2 and Kalli will be 1 very soon. I hope somebody gets her a present. I don't know why ( your mom's fault) but Reagan and Kennedy aren't exactly beautiful and adorable. I never have much to say about my little ones.
Sorry Molly but I Found a box of all you kids at various stages-- even s0me basket ball pictures. Nick, you were a runt on your mission.I better go as I have puppy that wants to go outside. I love my famiy from Barb to Kennedy more than you'll ever know.--Bud, Dad, Grampa