Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thoughts of a diabetic!

Diabetics run on insulin 2) Diabetics do things sweeter 3) Sometimes diabetics don't eat, just to get a reaction 4) Talk about diabetes too much and even my best friends don't like me! 5) Eat and take no insulin and your blood gets thicker than syrup 6) So far if you join the diabetic Cub, you can't quit 7)Have you hugged a diabetic today? 8) Diabetics "can be" Sweet-hearts! 9) Elevated BS's can make you tired and ornery-except for me, of course 10) Diabetics can be good batters, depending on their reactions. 11) A diabetic was robbed by a man with a gun then he took a shot. 12) To enter college, the diabetic had to test! 13) Alice was a diabetic whose sister hated her. As they fought, her sister yelled "die-Alice-Sis! 14) One morning my mom thought I was a little confused, but after pouring corn flakes directly on the table then milk on top, she was sure my sugar was low! 15) Many years ago Iwas taught to give myself shots by practicing on a grapefruit-commonly used. A newly diagnosest IDDMleft the hospital and soon after, his B.S. checked in very high. When asked If he was doing everything as taught and he said" every morning he injected the grapefruit then promptly ate it! 16) My sister would have been a terrible diabetic, as the first time my doctor came to my house ( there were few EMT's), he stuck a needle in my arm and injected glucose. He then motioned to her to put syringe on the table, which she did, but then he had to get out the smelling salts for her! 17)When 1st in the hospital they made a big deal about waching my feet. About 6 months later I finally asked "what am I looking for" 18)Not for the squimish-I had been having laser treatments on my eyes for Retinopathy and they got more and more intense ( I kept yanking my head out of straps). Fearing injury, he had me close my eyes and then stuck a needle through my eyelid, into my eyeball to anesthesises it. If Ihad known what was going on, I would have been gone! 19)Im sure Barb had no idea what she was in for when we got married. WE bought a trailer and 5 acres, 3 miles from home and months later I woke up confused, so my wife went to get something sweet out of the fridge--absolutely nothing. She called my dad, who got there in under 3 minutes with O.J. He found Barb frantic, she thought she had choked me to death by shoving Oreos down my throat. We all lived and got better prepared 20) Many years ago my sister-in-law rode down south with me in my Nissan 280ZX. It was getting daylight and she woke up ( a bit squemish) to find us going through the highest, eastern mountains at 90 mph, with me holding the steering wheel with my knee, while giving myself my insulin shot- she then stayed awake 21) I was driving our Farmall tractor into the yard one evening and my BS bottomed out and I drove the narrow front end up the corn picker- fortunately it stalled. More Later

3 comments:

barb said...

you are an odd duck

BUD's World (Halsey's) said...

It's what keep's me going

barb said...

then odd duckling comments serve a purpose.